Congratulations to our Maryland Lottery client for breaking its sales record for the 15th consecutive year! With this record-setting revenue of $556 million the Lottery also made its largest contribution ever to the state’s general fund to support important initiatives such as education, public safety, public health and environmental programs.
Other fiscal year highlights include:
- Sales of $1.795 billion, an increase of $80.4 million, or 4.7 percent, from last fiscal year
- Revenue of $556 million, $36.6 million or 7 percent more than last fiscal year and the highest-ever return in the Maryland Lottery’s history
- Commissions earned by Lottery retailers totaled $118.3 million
- Prizes paid to players reached more than $1.066 billion
- Operational expenses remained low at 3 percent of overall sales
To read more about the Maryland Lottery’s recent news or its current Medal Madness promotion, visit www.mdlottery.com.