Search Engine Marketing Specialist
GKV, is seeking an energetic/self-motivated Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist to join the fast-paced Media Department. The Search Engine Marketing Specialist will be responsible for executing client campaigns and meeting Paid Search deliverables across a variety of verticals. As a principal SEM staffer, the SEM Specialist is expected to act as a day-to-day SEM resource in meetings, as well as create and execute full SEM plans on budget and on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, and manage Paid Search/Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns in search platforms (AdWords & Bing Ads), including account structure, keyword research/development, ad copy creation, bid strategies and other staple PPC functions for clients in a range of verticals
- Support SEM manager’s efforts with national and local search marketing actions including client account audits, competitive analysis, site audits, reporting and insight recommendations
- Stay up-to-date of and effectively communicate industry and channel trends including best practices and strategies; learn from and contribute to the Paid Search team knowledge base
- Manage daily optimizations of client paid search campaigns including management of budgets, conversion actions, bid management, keywords, quality scores, negative keyword strategies, ad creative, and landing page revisions (if applicable) based on performance history and client goals
- Research and understand client business models, products/services, verticals, and competition.
- Analyze, evaluate, and report on campaign results, insights, strategy or POVs directly to the client, working with the Account Leadership team
- Create and implement campaign tests to achieve actionable results and improve campaign performance
- Work closely with the Media and Account Leadership teams to ensure strategic alignment of Paid Search with other channels/mediums
- Reconcile monthly invoices in STRATA in a timely manner, working with the Accounting team to resolve any discrepancies
- Learn and expand beyond search distribution to effectively run campaigns on PPC channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more!
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret, compile, summarize and communicate learnings striving to continuously improve the ROI for clients
- Demonstrated ability to create reports that assess campaign delivery against KPIs and identify opportunities to improve digital campaign performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects across multiple brands simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently and collaborate effectively with Media and Account Leadership teams to consistently meet and exceed client goals; with an eagerness to take on more responsibility
- A robust understanding of Display, SEO, Mobile, Social and Attribution and the influence on Paid Search Activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Engineering, Finance or Math
- 2+ years of experience in Paid Search, specifically with Direct Response
- Experience in Google AdWords and Bing Ads, a must. Certifications preferred.
- Experience with DoubleClick Search (DS)
- Experience with Yahoo Gemini, a plus
- Familiarity with HTML and web analytics, a plus
- Passion for the world of SEM!
Interested in the position? Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: SEM Specialist)