Media Planning & Buying
GKV’s Media Department is comprised of eight seasoned professionals with over 100 years of combined experience planning and buying both traditional and digital media.
We are equally research-driven and media agnostic in order to help clients obtain their objectives. We use the following tools in-house to ground our research into the habits of Americans across various life stages:
- GfK MRI Doublebase: national consumer purchasing and media usage by demographic, geographic and psychographic qualifiers
- GfK Market-by-Market (MbM): consumer purchasing and media habits at the market (DMA) level
- Kantar Stradegy: competitive spending information used to determine how Americans may be exposed to particular advertising by media type (e.g., Network TV, Magazines, Internet, etc.)
Our planning and buying software package allows us to create and compare various media mixes and provide the best solution within given planning parameters. This includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- SQAD: pricing estimates for TV and Radio in over 200 markets nationally
- Nielsen IMS: planning software to determine reach/frequency levels and optimal GRPs, both nationally and by DMA
- STRATA: media schedule creation and maintenance software to track placements in TV, radio, print, digital and out-of-home
- PointRoll: used to serve digital placements as well as to track impression delivery, creative and ad unit performance
GKV’s approach to media buying is to maximize media investments through a combination of strong negotiations that deliver more media weight for the dollar and leverage paid media to secure added value that ties directly back to stated marketing objectives. Added value may also take the form of unique media executions or sponsorships at no additional charge, which can elevate the perception of both the message and client among desired audiences.