We are looking for a detail-oriented Proofreader/Copy Editor who is comfortable in a fast-paced advertising agency environment.
As the agency’s Proofreader/Copy Editor, you will be responsible for proofing/editing marketing materials and client deliverables produced by our creative team prior to client review, approval and print/release. Specific responsibilities include proofreading/editing websites, digital ads, social media posts, print ads, collateral and direct mail projects, press releases, annual reports and long-format proposals to ensure quality control is maintained at the highest levels.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Strong grammar skills, a sharp eye for detail and a strong work ethic
- Review and evaluate client deliverables for content, grammar and accuracy, as well as making sure each brand’s individual guidelines are being adhered to
- Work within deadlines provided to keep jobs on schedule
- Manage time efficiently and simultaneously handle multiple project assignments with overlapping schedules
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with creatives, production and account managers to proactively resolve inaccuracies, as well as work independently
- Conduct version control and ensure consistency between rounds of edits
- Manage and update work assignments via company’s internal project management system
- A four-year degree in English or journalism
- At least 1-2 years of advertising agency or in-house marketing experience
- Familiarity with AP Style
- A basic understanding of HTML and print materials
- Understanding Challenger Branding would be helpful
Interested in the position? Please fill out the form below.